Middlesbrough Simple Funeral Plan
Simple Funeral Plan
Simple Funeral Plan Detailed Breakdown
- Collection of the deceased from a location within 25 miles of one of our funeral homes. We do not charge extra for collection outside of normal office hours. If the deceased is further afield in the UK or abroad, we can quote accordingly
- All necessary work to arrange the collection of the deceased, arrangement of the cremation or burial, conducting the funeral service and return of ashes (cremation only). This includes arrangement of the funeral in person with a named funeral director either by phone, video call, in our funeral home or in your home (subject to any COVID19 restrictions in force at the time)
- Provision of a simple wood coffin with handles and nameplate. A wide range of upgraded coffins are available at an additional cost including eco-friendly, wicker, picture and solid wood coffins.
- Cremation or burial in a Middlesbrough or Redcar & Cleveland local authority crematorium or cemetery. Should you wish to specify a different crematorium or cemetery, the cost will be adjusted based upon any difference in cost for your chosen location
- Statutory doctor’s fee required by law (cremations only)
- Care of the deceased including preparation for visits
- Chapel of rest visits by family and friends
- Choice of date and time of funeral between Monday and Friday (subject to availability). Saturday funerals are available for an additional fee.
- Provision of a standard motor hearse to convey the deceased from our funeral home to the ceremony. This can include an interim stop at a residential address or similar location to meet mourners who wish to follow the hearse to the ceremony. We are also able to offer a range of alternative hearses. Examples include a horse drawn hearse, Land Rover hearse, truck hearse, VW camper hearse, motorcycle hearse etc – please ask us for further details
- Choice of officiant to conduct the ceremony. This may be a religious officiant, a civil celebrant or a humanist.
- Return of ashes from the crematorium for collection from our funeral home (cremations only)
- Golden Charter plan administration fee
- A limousine is not included. Mourners may follow the hearse to the ceremony
- Obituary in the local press
- Floral tributes
- Service at a place of worship prior to cremation or burial. Whilst a service will take place in the crematorium (or at the graveside in the case of burial), it is possible to have a more in-depth service at a place of worship beforehand
- An urn is not included (cremation only). The ashes will be returned to you in the receptacle provided by the crematorium which may be a box or plastic container. We have a choice of cremation urns and scatter tubes to purchase for an extra charge
- In the case of burials, if you don’t already own the grave, this will need to be purchased from the appropriate authority. We recommend that the grave is purchased as soon as possible to avoid disappointment in the event that the cemetery becomes fully occupied. The grave purchase cannot be added to the plan